School Trustee Elections 2018
Become a member
Complete the form below and return it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. To establish whether or not you are a rights-holder, you must meet just one of the eligibility criteria listed on the form below. You do not need to have a child in the school system to become a member of the CSF.
- Deadline for residence in British Columbia |6 months before the elections: April 20, 2018
- Becoming a member of the CSF | 120 days before the elections: June 22, 2018
- Becoming a member of the CSF, to run in the elections | 80 days before the election date: August 1, 2018
- Call for candidates | at least 90 days before the election date: July 22, 2018
- Submission of nominations | at least 75 days before the election date: August 6, 2018
- List of candidates sent to members | at least 70 days before the election date: August 11, 2018
- Challenging the declaration of a member running in the elections | at least 60 days before the election date: 4:00 p.m. on August 21, 2018
- Announcement of elections by acclamation | at least 30 days before the election date: September 20, 2018
- Ballots sent to members | at least 30 days before the election date: September 20, 2018
- Swearing in of elected members: at least 45 days after the election results are announced: December 4, 2018
Who can vote in the CSF school trustee elections?
- Canadian citizens;
- Must have reached the age of 18 by the election date;
- Must live in the electoral district in which you are voting;
- Must have been a member of the CSF since June 22;
- Must have lived in the province since April 20, 2018.
Roles and responsibilities
To learn about the roles and responsibilities of a trustee, please see Policy P-303: Roles and responsibilities of the the CSF Board and School Trustees
The British Columbia School Trustees Association (www.bcsta.org) is the provincial organization representing school boards and school trustees in British Columbia.
Become a candidate