Creating a new registration in MyEducation BC
The registration process includes a number of top tabs to complete. At any point in the process you can save your changes and close, to resume registration later.
1 – Start tab – In this tab, you must choose the school year for which you want to register your child. School years begin in September and end in June of the following year.
2 – Student Tab – Student demographic information includes everything the district needs to know about the child, including citizenship information, home language, and civic address. Make sure you complete all required fields.
3 – School tab – Select the school in the upper School tab. If you do not know the name of the school near your home, please check the Conseil scolaire francophone website at https://www.csf.bc.ca/ecoles/.
4 – Family / Contacts tab – Information related to the student’s family is collected for parents / guardians, siblings and other contacts. Along with demographic information, the link between parents and their children is made from this data. Details on grade levels and schools attended by siblings are also collected. This information will be included in the student’s file.
5 – Additional Information Tab – Additional information can be gathered about the student’s education, special education, medical and language information, enabling the school district to support the student in all aspects of school life.
6 – Documents tab – Required documents are added in this upper tab. Once the school has accepted or refused registration, these documents are automatically deleted from the online registration by a daily purge of the system.
- Click on Upload to upload the documents required for registration
- Indicate the name of the document you are going to download and click on the arrow
- Choose the file to upload from your computer to MyEducation BC and click on Import
- Continue to upload the required documents, when you are done click Next
- You can print the registration summary. The next step is for the school to review and accept your child’s registration. You will receive an email notification when your registration has been accepted.